Thursday, March 18, 2010

Goat cheese!!

Ah, let's see. Highlight of dinner right here:

Baby Beet and Goat Cheese salad with walnuts, spring mix, snap peas, onions and pomegranate craisins.



















Just had it with a little balsamic and olive oil. Delicious. I bought these baby beets steamed and ready to serve in the produce section. I've never actually prepared beets at home myself but it's definitely on my to-do list.

Best goat cheese ever, Lively Run - from the Lively Run Goat Dairy in Interlaken, NY.



Bonus pic: Some of the awesome pottery and Raku Meerkat I got in South Africa!




No workout today. I seem to have tweaked my knee somehow. Maybe runner's knee? Maybe I did it trying to channel my inner yogi Tuesday night? Either way I went from Yogi to Boo Boo. Tuesday night. I did 45 mins bike trainer, then some strength training moves (push-ups, dips, yoga positions, abs) for about an hour.
Yesterday I did speed work which probably made me knee worse - started to really bother me after a walk yesterday. About 5 miles total distance, 2 800s, 3 400s and 1 more 800 with 400 recoveries in between. I forgot my watch AGAIN so no time stats. Bummer. Oh well. It was awesome to use the outdoor track since it's been so beautiful outside. It's also a 1/4 mile track vs. the 1/8 mile indoor one we were using for our speed workouts.
I'll probably take tomorrow off as well to nurse my knee and then planning a long and hilly (but most likely slower) run Saturday morning. Hopefully my knee is okay. If anyone has any tips on dealing with it let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment