Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Behind!

Okay, sorry I got behind. I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to spend last week in South Africa!! Let me just say running is extremely difficult at an altitude of more than 5000 feet! But who cares when you get to see:

More pictures to come!!

Anyhoo, I got back Saturday, started Sunday with an early 6.2 mile run (8:10 average pace) and dinner Sunday was this:

Lemon, Mushroom and Leek Risotto with Grilled Scallops. I made the risotto and G grilled the scallops and plated it came out looking like this! My first risotto, I'm proud. :)

Yesterday was 10-15 strength training with the bowflex, followed by 30 mins on the bike trainer and another 10-15 abs and yoga moves. It ended up being a hard workout.


Today was a 4 mile run at lunch that was supposed to be easy but ended up being pretty fast...maybe just under 8 min/mile. Hey! That's fast for me :)

Possibly speed work tomorrow if we can get on a track, otherwise I'll postpone it a day for more recovery.

So, I'll try and get more about my trip up here, but wanted to at least check in for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment