Thursday, March 10, 2011

more for the core

It's been a tough week of workouts for me and unless you like reading detailed stuff this will probably be a boring post. Actually, this is more like a workout journal than a blog so far...
I probably should have taken a "before" photo to post huh?
Sunday I started my core strength routine. I did
10 Burpees - See Katie's blog here for a demo if you don't know what a burpee is: http://bikinirun.blogspot.com/2011/01/burpee-contest-and-demo.html
I just recently found her blog and have been loving it. Very motivating!
Bowflex - chest press, fly, tricep extensions
dips, squats
reverse lunges with weights
elevated planks
elevated side planks
pilates ab series + teasers

I was SORE on Monday after this on top of the effort from Saturday's race. But I STILL did my long run because I'm hard core like that. Plus my long run is only 10 miles at this point. I did 10.08 in 1:25:44. 8:30 average. However, that was my moving time - it actually took me longer than this to make it home because I had some stomach issues. I don't usually have problems when I run but I had to stop twice on my route to use the bathroom. Luckily there was a convenience store/gas station and one in the park on my way otherwise I'm not sure what I would have done...called my husband to pick me up and cried until he got there I guess. After the first 5 miles the stomach issues went away and the run got better until mile 10 which was tough. Mile 8 was my fastest at 8:11 which I'm happy about. I mean I want my pace faster than this but I'm happy that I was able to keep it consistent. I think my only mile over 9:00 pace was because I had to weight for a light during mile 5.

Tuesday I took off because I was really sore.

Wednesday I did intervals again however the girl I ran with and I were both sore so we only did 4 1/4s. I know that's pretty lame and it almost doesn't count but the point is I did them and logged 4 more miles for the week in the process.
Splits: 1:29, 1:35, 1:30, 1:35.
Okay, a little better. And my legs hurt. I know I should have done at least one more but at least one of them is under 1:30. That's improvement.

I don't remember the reps from Sunday but I did basically the same workout as above again today (Thursday) with the following:
12 burpees (legs less sore but these still kill me - the jump up gets me)
2x12 bench press 50lbs (yep, I'm a wuss)
2x10 fly 20lb
2x10 tricep extension 20 lb
20 dips - this was tough, I keep my feet elevated on a stool
20 squats (100 lbs)
2 sets of 12 reps reverse lunges with 10 lb weights
10 elevated planks, 5 elevated side planks each side
pilates ab series + teasers
chest pullups with bar - 4 with legs straight, 6 with bent legs.
It takes me about 25-30 minutes for the whole she-bang.
Okay, it took me three tries to get to this point without my computer locking up on me so I'm posting now! Tomorrow is Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment