Thursday, March 3, 2011

nerves

So, I am ridiculously nervous for this 4 mile race I'm doing Saturday. I haven't raced since last June and I've never done a 4-miler. I think I'd feel better if it was flatter, or if I felt more prepared but its still kind of early in the year for up here - a balmy 8 degrees outside today I believe.

Anyway, I never quite got my long run in last weekend, I did a little over 5, although there was some difficult rolling hills. Tuesday I did a pretty fast tempo-ish 4 with the girls at lunch and that's it. I wanted to go yesterday but the wind was ridiculous and today its freezing so I'm actually thinking I might not run again until the race. That's probably way more rest than I need and I originally only planned on taking 2 days off but in the grand scheme of things it's probably not goign to make a huge difference in my race time. What MAY make a difference is if I can't stop eating, haha. I'm a terrible stress eater and have been overdoing it a bit lately. Time to rein it in. Okay, I'm going to try and update again later with some talk about goals but I have to get this day started now!

No comments:

Post a Comment