Saturday, April 9, 2011

1/2 is tomorrow - wish me luck!

Well, tomorrow is the big day. In a couple minutes I'm going to have to stop reading blogs and get packed up for our mini trip to Ithaca, NY for the Skunk Cabbage Classic. Ithaca is only an hour or so from here but we decided to leisurely drive out today and spend the night there. The race actually starts late tomorrow - 10:15 so I could have driven out on my own but this sounded more fun. The race is the Skunk Cabbage Half Marathon: http://www.halfmarathons.net/usa_half_marathons_new_york_skunk_cabbage_classic_half_marathon.html That elevation profile is making me tired just looking at it. I've said it on here before but my goal is to break 1:50. I'm not as prepared as I should be but it seems like I should be able to do this. I'm worried about the challenging course, or if it is a windy day - but I'm just going to try my best and stay positive! I know a lot of it is mental.

After the race we are planning to meet my parents here for brunch - the menu looks like it will almost be worth the pain of running the race: http://www.carriagehousecafe.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment