Thursday, February 11, 2010

Got my greyhound on.

Soooo...usually I'm pretty good at kicking my own ass during workouts and I actually really like running on my own, but every once in a while you really want to feel like you got hit by a bus and for those times its good to train with other people. Particularly other people that are way faster runners than you. Well, faster at least.

I got to the track tonight and couldn't run a lap without stopping. Disaster. I was having weird side stitch issues on my left side. I tried this for like 3 laps and had to walk halfway through each one. Then I stretched some, walked around, tried to breathe deeper...I think its leftover weirdness from my stomach bug last week. Anyway, luckily I was able to finish warming up the last few laps with the other 2 girls I ran with and recover in time to do a nice interval workout:

1x800m - 3:11
1x600m - 2:21
4x400m - 1:33, 1:35, 1:33, 1:33

I'm really not sure how long our recoveries were, 400 for the quarters but maybe 600 for the other distances...I don't really pay attention. Probably ran between 4.5 and 5 miles overall. I started out all gung ho and disappointed we weren't doing all half intervals and by the end I'm the one that gets my ass kicked. haha, it's so obvious I need to work on endurance and negative splits!!

Anyhoo, I'm showered just had a slice of deli turkey, 4 carrots and a couple olives for a post run snack. Random right? Someone needs to go food shopping. (It's me).

No comments:

Post a Comment